Friday 7 February 2014

I can see clearly now.....

..... nooooo...... not that I have some knob goggles...... I recently had some new glasses... so with business travel boring as ever, on my recent trip to Rome..... walking through the airport I tried out a new experience.....

I have previously written about creating sound track moments, especially with the boredom of business travel ........ and how walking through the airport I often have music playing, so I see the images but there's a song drowning everything else out .....

So to repeat what I said before...... Air travel is quite boring really.... causes the brain to think lots of shit...... my brain thought lots of shit on this trip..... but as always, my way of helping switch off, is through music..... but with an added twist....

I only wear glasses for reading and close up work, and whilst I have a pair of verifocals, usually I have my reading glasses perched on the end of my nose and I peer over the top.

This time round I wore my glasses properly and so close up brill, but beyond that everything was completely out of focus...... although not so out of focus I would bump into things....

So this time, with my lucky ruck sack on my back, spare pair of panties and my toothbrush packed, I walked through Heathrow Airport, looking at life through a blur....


But all the time with my 
SoD blearing out
through my Sennheiser IE6


It's a great song to listen to, watching the world go by in a blur.... although funny enough when waiting to walk on to the plane, I was stood behind a young woman who had the longest flowing curliest hair I have ever seen, and stood close up, golly her hair was in such great focus.... and all I could think was...... how the bloody hell does she comb her hair in the morning..... maybe she didn't......

I have never been in to any form of fetish.... but stood behind her, I was mesmerized by her hair and the clarity with which I could see it with my new glasses......

As a homage to that ladies hair, here is a bonus Lanterns on the Lake SoD.....