Tuesday 4 March 2014

Things are not looking promising for Michael....

...Schumacher

Firstly I am not a doctor and have no medical training [although I do know that it fooking urts when you hit your hand with a hammer, so that might count towards medical knowledge] .... but sans any formal medical knowledge, I have no way of knowing his prognosis....

Even if I did have a medical degree, without being one of his medical team there is no way I can know his prognosis....

I am not even known to him in any shape manner or form so again, in which case how could I possibly know his prognosis ...... but ...

For all of that there is a part of me that feels a small, [how small or big is not important] sense of sadness at his prognosis....

Back in December there was good reason to think that he was capable of making a full recovery..... but now I am not so sure....

Of course one might ask why I should feel this way for a complete stranger ? I am certain it is not celebrity awe.... and sure as hell not Lady Di syndrome, remember when she left this life ? ....

Since I was a young kid I have loved cars, 1 of my top ten of everything is a .............       246 Ferrari Dino..... named in honor for Enzo's lost son.... and boring though it may sound they were not originally badged as a Ferrari......... but with my love of cars as a young kid........ I then grew up to be a middleaged teenager...... and I woke up one morning and found I had some cash in the bank.... it was bit more than the pocket money I earned on my paper round as a teenager.........and as I loved cars, and loved Ferrari, I brought one.... I don't mean that as a boast.... ooooher look at me .....

As a kid growing up on a council estate with not a pot to piss in, an estate I hasten to add that makes the Chatsworth estate on Shameless look like Wisteria Lane, then the thought of being able to own and drive a car that normally only appears on a poster on bedroom walls, was certainly alien to me back then.....

I have always followed F1 from near and a far depending on my interest levels at any one year but the pinnacle was my boys weekend to Monza and getting my daughter into the Ferrari pitlane garage at Silverstone on a glorious hot summers day.

Whatever, your views about Michael Schumacher he was is a winner. For sure, many say he sought to win at all cost, for me ........ he sought to win knowing it would always be at a high cost.

I remember a great phrase a navy mate of mine told me years ago [always stuck with me].....
winners never quit ...... 
because quitters never win .....

That's what I saw in Schumacher, a winner ........ 
that's what I liked about Schumacher ...... 

maybe that's where the sadness lies ....... 

no matter how much a winner he is ...... 
this is one battle he may end up quitting....