Friday 19 December 2014

My Reward......

Landing back in good ole' blimey is somehow always reassuring.... seeing the lights of London and it's outer reaches......




I know I am home.... and this despite the efforts of the mighty IT dept of Air traffic control to bugger up the busiest airport in the UK........ I got off quite light with only a 1.5hr delay in arriving at Heathrow, which for a flight from Cairo, I thought was good..........compared to previous efforts....

For all my hardwork and for totting up a 78 hour working week in the sun baked sand riddled country that I always love visiting, I decided to treat my self with a new pair of cycling shoes...

And so when I returned to my office there it was, a nice neatly wrapped parcel sitting squarely upon my desk, resplendent with a Spanish postmark. I knew this is what I had worked so hard for.

I could hardly contain my excitement in opening the parcel 
and as I unwrapped it, there they were.......

Without doubt
the prettiest pair of shoes
I have ever seen
in the whole wide world
ever.......


As with my declared love for Alex Polizzi, who cares whether I am a sad delusional middle aged man..... never before have I owned a pair of shoes this pretty......

I checked them for size, and with one last longing look, I neatly put them back in the box......

Jesus woke up on Christmas morning to gifts of gold, frankincense and myrrh and so it shall be that I will wake up on christmas morning....... like an excited child...... and no doubt looking like a turkey bursting out of it's skin, I shall don the lycra, .............put on my nue shues..... and then jump on the bike.....

As I ride around my village in Suffolk.... all the neighbours will look out of their windows, and point....... saying to each other..... look at that...... there he goes riding his bike, 
in the prettiest shoes we have ever seen, in the whole wide world.......

What myrrh was to Jesus
then these shoes are to me...

my reward for being a good boy.....

This must call for a reward SoD
from the brilliant Teardrop Explodes