Monday 4 January 2016

Australian Summer .........

One of the advantages of relatives aboard is you can easily escape the crappy English winter ....

And so my next stop beyond Hong Kong being Perth, Australia. I've not seen my mum for just short of 4 years since my dad died, and I thought perhaps I should fill in some of the gaps.

Not least of which, this is my first time back in Australia, without carrying the burden of grief for my dad. For sure it still hurts and I can still bring forth a tear or two, but this time there is no work to worry about, no immediacy of grief to contend with ...... instead I could just soak in the warm sunshine on my back and escape the miserable winter weather ...... A sort of test run for operation Pompeii ......

And boy what a tonic it is .... but even in our own summer time, I am not sure that taking in a long bike ride, punctuated with sun bathing on the beach ........ could beat this day on Yanchep beach .......


It was not all joy and pleasure ..... there was a huge disappointment ...... one of my favourite buildings in the whole wide world is the Swan Bells .....

The Swan Bells divided opinion amongst Perthians when it was built, but I have never failed to be beguiled by it every time I catch sight......


This was the view during my last visit in 2012

So once I had picked up the bike, I thought I'd ride around the corner, park me arse on the green, have a gander at Swan Bells, whilst I re-arranged me lycra ........ only to be greeted with this view

wtf has happened here !!


Somebody has knicked the effin grass and put the Swan Bell in prison !!!

I was gutted to see that the green space in front of the Swan Bells has been dug up in line for a new building complex.... for which it seems is now being delayed somewhat indefinitely ......

So whether you like it or not, change will come about, and it will come where you least expect it ......

But for now at least my
SoD's can still be relied upon

I may be having an Australian Summer
and it seems that the 
Stereophonics have written a song 
to celebrate the occasion .....



{cheers kelly ..... much appreciated mate...}