Monday 18 March 2013

I love....

......gadgets, not as much as pies and certainly not as much as The Blue Nile... but for sure gadgets are up there....but along comes google glasses, and I am beginning to wonder...just because something can be done with technology.....


I realise it's early days but it still boils down to the same thing.....we are constantly bombarded with sound, imagery, and information as we walk along, do we now needing it drilling into our skulls at the same time.......

Technology has come along way in my life, I remember days before calculators let alone smart phones, but the iPhone is that good, the way I rave about it, you'd think I'd invented it, and yet it has only been with us since 2007.

But you have to ask yourself with google glasses....is my life so incomplete that I will need them....and based on the amount of sh1te masquerading as knowledge, that already enters my head these days.....probably not. 

Now if they had been designed like these goggle glasses...then who knows....

now you're talking....





Although google glasses did get me thinking..... They could bring the story of Cyrano De Bergerac in to the 21st century and add a whole knew meaning to the phrase online dating....

Imagine the scene at some swanky restaurant and dator and datee are meeting for the first time:

Dator: Hello nice to meet you

Datee: Hello nice to meet you too

{CdeB in the bushes on his netbook} 

CdeB: Pwhoar......

Dator: coughs

Datee: sorry did you say something ?

Dator: No just coughing

.......sometime later during the date...

Dator: looking blankly at datee

Datee: Blah blah blah

CdeB : Oh so she likes  Mauritius, let me just flick up trip advisor on your screen so you see the hotel she stayed at .....

Dator: looking blankly at datee

Datee: Blah blah

CdeB: Oh so her favourite food is italian, let me just flick up the masterchef web page, so you can wow her with a great recipe

Dator: looking blankly at datee

Datee: Blah blah blah

CdeB: Oh so her favourite artist is carravaggio, let me just get up the Villa Borghese page.....

Dator: looking blankly at datee {words in head} god this pie is loverly

Datee: Are you paying attention to anything I say ?

Dator: looking blankly at datee

Datee: Clearly not !......Oh and has anyone told you, you look like a knob in those glasses ?
  
Dator: looking blankly at datee

Datee: Storms out, to end date on a less than successful note

CdeB: Oh well back to www.russianbridesforme.com

Dator: looking blankly at empty seat.....{words in head} ...ooooh I like the look of Olga


I am sure there will be a whole host of excited buyers.....will I be one ?..... 
as much as I love gadgets..... 
I love pies more......